Leslie Gadallah wrote:

> > The only change I  would make is to put "againn" after "ceithir
> > laithean bla\th" - Bha ceithir laithean bla\th againn...
>
>    This could be just my English (language) prejudice, but if I wrote
> "Bha  ceithir làithean blàth againn comhla ri chéile," wouldn't it mean
> that "we" were together rather than the "days" were?

A Leslie chòir,Ooops. Yes, I should have written the whole  sentence out
rather than dealing just with the first part of it; maybe I would have seen
that. It should  be, "Bha  ceithir laithean blàth còmhla ri chéile
againn."This way the "còmhla ri chéile" refers directly to the preceding
"laithean". I would still put the "againn" at the end of  the phrases
though, instead of at the beginning.

Dé do bheachd, a Sheònag? An ann mar seo a chanadh tusa e?
What your opinion, Janice? Is it like this that would-say you it?
What's your opinion, Janice? Is this how you would say it?

> You wrote to Annie "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>
> > S do\cha gum faigheadh tu faclan eile. . .
>
> And I'm wondering why "tu" here rather than "thu"?

After the conditional verb, "tu" is used instead of "thu".e.g. gheibheadh
tu -- you would-get/find;   rachadh tu -- you would-go
Ciamar a chanadh tu -- How that would-say  you -- How would you say.....?
Also, the future dependent verb takes "tu", e.g.
Ciamar a chanas tu -- how that will-say you
'Nuair a rachas tu -- when that will-go you -- when you will go (when you
go)
Yyyych...grammar.

> > Is ionnan do bhith facal cla\r cuimhne.
>       Yeah.  Now if the word would only _stay_ there . . .

I think they're still there....I just need a better road map.......

Le meas,
Aonghas