Hai Eideird
LoisTed Macdonald wrote:

> I'm not too sure about the use of "a' mothachadh" for considering. Usually
> it means " noticing, observing, perceiving ." Thomson gives "smaoinich,
> beachdaich, cnuasaich" for considering.

  Dwelly agrees with you.  Now I'm wondering where _I_ got the
definition of "mothaich", because I know it isn't a word that I am
familiar with.  In future, I hope I remember to go to the authoritative
dictionary instead of the one nearest to hand.
  Rats.  One day, I swear, I'm going to get one whole, complete, entire
sentence right.  This is my goal.

SlÓn
 Les

Leslie Gadallah, Calgary, Canada-----http://www.gadallah.com/~leslie

   Gheibh burraidh barrachd coire na 's urrainn duine glic a leasachadh
      A blockhead can find more fault than a wise man can mend
             --Gaelic proverb