1. Are you interested in learning the Gaelic language?
    I'm passionate about the language and want to learn very much, but I'm in
grad school in a city where only beginner-level Scots Gaelic classes are now
offered... the teacher actually decided to stop teaching our intermediate
class because we were too much of a drain on his energy, and his new plan of
monthly "conversation nights" doesn't give the weekly challenge I need to
keep my skills up. Obh, mo chreach!

2. Do the messages on this list help you ? Gu dearbh!  This is now my only
source of Gaelic "input" beyond the CDs and tapes I listen to, and though I
tend to be in a state of academic exhaustion when I read my e-mail, I do take
the time to read every message that comes along, all the while wishing I had
more energy to wade through my dictionaries and grammar books so that I could
respond.

3. What would you like to see on this list that would help you get going with
your Gaelic?  I loved the little exercise posted recently--of coming up with
statements that incorporate certain words--and I've enjoyed all the
discussions of grammar, proverbs, tree names, etc.  Such wee "assignments"
offer me the hope that I might be able to manage some of them soon!

4. Perhaps you're not interested in Gaelic right now. Let's hear from you
anyway.
    While I've not been very useful to you list-folk out there, I've been
trying to support the language and the culture every way I can.  I've been
working Gaelic words and Celtic cultural information into nearly every paper
I write, (not as much of a challenge in theological school as you might
think), and trying to learn and share some of the music as well.  This is my
last year of grad school, and when I graduate I intend to carve out more time
for intense Gaelic study.  This list is a blessing, however... please
understand that I appreciate the posts and hope to add more to them when I
can!

    A h-uile beannachd oirbh,

        --Holly Morrison