<<>     Shna\mh mi sa' chuan sia nuair bha mi o\g.

De tha "sia" a' cialachadh an seo ? What does "sia" (six) mean here?>>

Eideard-- mo\ran tang!  I should not have tried to type my answers near
midnight... I am now smacking my forehead at some of the things I missed.  As
for the word "sia", I was taking a (dangerous) cue from an old lyric sheet
for the song , "Cana nan Gaidheal".  One of the lines goes, "Gidheadh i nan
Eileanan Sia" and the translation given is "Even in the Western Isles..."  so
I probably used some odd poetic word--or a mis-typed one--that doesn't play
out in regular prose.  A cursory glance at Dwelly's this morning sure didn't
support my word choice!... Obh, uill!  Mo\ran tang a-rithist!

    An beannachd oirbh,

        --Holly