Hai Pauleena,

Sgri\obh thu:

> >Hallo a Eideard
>duin:
>Tha Seumas du\nadh a bheul.

Tha Seumas a' du\nadh a bheul. Gle\ mhath !

>Seumas dhunadh a bheul.

Remember that the verb comes first, so it's "Dhu\in Seumas a bheul."

>James is closing his mouth.  James closed his mouth.
>
>fon
>An duine fo\n a bhean.  The man phones his wife.

Let's not forget "tha", so it's "Tha an duine a' fo\nadh a bhean."

>A bhean dh'fhon an obair aige. His wife phoned his work.

Here again, the verb comes first, so it's "Dh'fho\n a bhean an obair aige."

>ionnsaich
>Mi ionnsaichadh a Ghaidhlig gu a slaodach. I learn the Gaelic slowly.

Present tense, we need to use "tha", so it's "Tha mi ag ionnsachadh..."

>mi dh'ionnsaich a leugh. I learned to read.

Verb first: "Dh'ionnsaich mi a leugh."

>A deag sheinnead air seinn a Ghaidhlig. a good singer sings the Gaelic.

I would say "Tha an deagh sheinneadair a' seinn a' Gha\idhlig."

>Seumas sheinn gu dona. Seumas sang badly.

Let's put the verb first: "Sheinn Seumas gu dona."

>Chan eil sna\mh agam. I can' swim.

You're getting into deep water with this one :-) To say I can't it's "Chan
urrainn dhomh...."  To say I can't swim it would be "Chan urrainn dhomh
shna\mh." But this is beyond the requirements of this exercise. If you want
to say "I am swimming' it's "Tha mi a' sna\mh."

>cha mi shna\mh an de\.  I did not swim yesterday.

When you introduce the negative it tends to complicate things. It would be
" Cha do shna\mh mi an-de\.", but you  could say "I swam yesterday."
"Shna\mh mi an-de\."

Ceart? ( Right ?)

Really good, Pauleena. You've put a lot of work into this, and eventually
it'll pay off.

Sla\n leat,

Eideard

PS  I'm sending a copy of this to the list. You can't hide, but why would
you want to ?