ednsue wrote:

> Feasgar math Aonghais 's a h-uile duine,

> Sgri\obh thu:
>
> I would simply say, " 'S toigh leam seinn....
>                        I like singing

> For example...what would the past tense be?
>
> B' toigh leam seinn.
>
> But the question was that the "B'" stood for "Bu" and
> Bu toigh leam would be subjunctive - I would like singing.

Hallo a Shiosaidh agus a h- uile duine,

In your example, you can use 'bu toigh leam' (note that you don't drop
the 'u' because it does not bump up against another vowel) to mean
something that occured habitually in the past, so

Bu toigh leam seinn
can mean "I would like to sing" as well as "I liked singing"

In the same way, you could use "Am bu toil leam seinn?
to mean "Did you like to sing?", but note that it also means "Would you
like to sing?" In these cases, context is everything.

I think that you could use 'c˛rd ri', but that would give a slightly
different meaning - more like agreeable to or enjoying and you would be
using an infinitive.

Ch˛rd e rium a sheinn (I liked singing)

An do ch˛rd e rium a sheinn? (Did you like singing?)

I think this is correct, but I would appreciate corrections.

Se˛nag

--
"Týr gun chÓnan, týr gun anam."