Janice Chan wrote:

> Hallo a Shiosaidh agus a h- uile duine,
>
> In your example, you can use 'bu toigh leam' (note that you don't drop
> the 'u' because it does not bump up against another vowel) to mean
> something that occured habitually in the past, so
>
> Bu toigh leam seinn
> can mean "I would like to sing" as well as "I liked singing"
>
> In the same way, you could use "Am bu toil leam seinn?
> to mean "Did you like to sing?", but note that it also means "Would you
> like to sing?" In these cases, context is everything.
>
> I think that you could use 'cÚrd ri', but that would give a slightly
> different meaning - more like agreeable to or enjoying and you would be
> using an infinitive.
>
> ChÚrd e rium a sheinn (I liked singing)
>
> An do chÚrd e rium a sheinn? (Did you like singing?)

A Sheonag,

MÚran taing a Sheonag. I sent my reply to Sue before I read this letter
from you. You explained "cord" better than I did, I think.  I couldn't find
the past tense of " is toigh leam" in TYG,  and it's getting too close to
my bedtime, but I'll find it somewhere or ask someone to be certain. Does
anyone else have this in another course or book?

Le meas,
Aonghas