LoisTed Macdonald wrote:

> Theirinn " ..airson nan da\ sheachdain 's a tighinn.." neo "..airson an ath
> dha\ sheachdain.."
> I would say "..for the two weeks coming.." or "..for the next two weeks.."
> (I"m not sure about the "nan" in the first version; it might just be "na".)
> Some of you may have other ways of saying this.
>
> If you want to sound British you could even say "..airson an ath
> cola-deug.." ( for the next fortnight..)

Tapadh leat, Eideard.  I think it was the "for" part that was getting
me.  I'm never confident when "airson is appropriate.

SlÓn
Les

Leslie Gadallah, Calgary, Canada-----http://www.gadallah.com/~leslie

   Measar an t-amadan glic ma chumas e theanga.
      The fool can pass for wise if he holds his tongue.
             --Gaelic proverb