Hallo a Leslie, Eideird, 's a h-uile duine,

Is mathaid, chan 'eil mi ceart, ach tha mi a' smaoineachadh...
Perhaps, I am not correct, but I think...

Ach...ann am Beurla...tha mi duilich...
But...in English...I'm sorry...

It seems to me that I've learned "for"  is not translated when using it with
time, as in "for the next two weeks."  While looking for an answer to
another question, I did run across the following on page 51 in Black's CI...

He says:

As in American English, the preposition **on** is unnecessary in Gaelic with
days of the week.

Chi mi Di-Luain thu!  See you on Monday!

This also applies to the preposition **for** with periods of time.
Bha e bliadhna ann.  He was there for a year.

Also in the new TYG, pg 224, "Duration,"
To state how long someone has been doing something, you simply say:

Bha mi co\ig bliadhna aig muir.  I was five years at sea. - or - I was at
sea for five years.

Bha Steaphan tri\ mi\osan anns an ospadal.  Stephen was in hospital for
three months.

De\ ur beachd?
What's your opinion?

Siu\saidh