Hello a h-uile duine

>ednsue wrote:
>> >Tha taigh againn rapach.
>> >Our house is messy.
>>
>>Do you - or anyone else online - know the difference between "rapach" and
>>"salach"...and which word is used in what situation?  And are there any
>>other words for "dirty" that are common?

Chan eil fhios 'm gu bheil iad cumanta, ach rannsaich mi anns na faclairean
agam agus lorg mi na facail seo:

I don't know if they are common, but I looked in my dictionaries and found
these words:

         ga\nrachadh (m) = clutter
         measgachadh (m) = jumble
         treamsgal (m) = litter
         neo\ghlan = unclean, polluted
         luideach = ragged, slovenly, filthy

Is it just a coincidence that all the nouns associated with messiness are
masculine. Oops, I just found a feminine one:

         mi\-riaghailt (f) = disarray.

Sla\n leibh,

Eideard