ednsue wrote:

> Ciamar a chanas mi "from" when using it as "From such and such a poem"...would that
>be "bho"? or something else?

Mar a's trice, chanadh tu "bho" , 'nam fhiosrachd.Most often, would-say you  "bho",
in-my experience.

However, in the book "Sgeul Gu Latha", Joe Neil MacNeil often uses "aig" when talking
about WHO he got something
from e.g.:
Chuala mi aig Iain an sgeula* seo.
Heard I at John the story this.
I heard this story from John.
or:
Fhuair mi aig Iain....
Got I at John....
I got from John....

I've never seen "aig" used except for when something was gotten from a person, but not
from an inanimate thing.
i.e., I've always heard "bho 'n leabhar", never "aig an leabhar".

Hope this helps,
Le meas,
Aonghas

p.s. I added the "a" to "sgeul" only because this is how it would be pronounced in a
conversation. The proper
spelling is "sgeul", as mostly all of you know. Perhaps I shouldn't have added it, but
it just looked so wrong
without it that I went back and did it.........