Feature Requests item #1678925, was opened at 2007-03-12 07:10
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by rlaager
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1678925&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Right now when I press Ctrl-M and type the name of user, if I don't choose it
from the pulldown list, gaim will open some window to a strange non-existant
user. Even if I typed his name in full! That's very inconvenient.

I would like it to work like this - when I type first few letters of a nick and
press Enter, let gaim take the first nick from a list of candidates and put it
in the text field.

This would be very convenient and faster for the users using this feature.