Feature Requests item #1595480, was opened at 2006-11-13 04:30
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1595480&group_id=235

Category: yahoo

Initial Comment:
So far the only way to log in with a different profile
seems to be to use that ID with the main ID password.
This way you practically change account. If I have a
main ID called ID_1 and a profile for ID_1, ID_2 and
ID_3 - a normal login would give me ID_1. Relogging,
this time with ID_2 would make all my talks for ID_2
even with the people who know ID_1 only.

The problem is more profound because Gaim should handle
and know which profile is related to which buddy the
same way the official windows client does. So far it
can do something like that only in relation with
different 'main' accounts.