Feature Requests item #1104739, was opened at 2005-01-18 14:24
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1104739&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Having a /close pounce command would be very useful in
dealing with IRC networks.  Pounces on 'nickserv' and
'chanserv' with a '/close' command would be an easy way
to deal with these windows.

Usage scenario:
I have a laptop with wireless networking running gaim.
 As i wander in and out of hotspot range, gaim is
properly reconnecting to all protocols in an elegant
way except for IRC.  With IRC,  I have a 'buddy' set
for 'Nickserv' with a pounce which properly
'identifies' me with IRC, however I have no way to
close this window.  Having this window around is
annoying, PLUS it keeps my password in plain view!

Additionally, I have pounces on nickserv to auto-join
IRC channels.  It is here where a chanserv buddy pounce
with '/close' would also be very useful.