Feature Requests item #1179917, was opened at 2005-04-09 16:51
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1179917&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
gAIM does not support loading or saving the buddylist.

FAQ says it's not usefull due to the fact the list is
saved server-side.  That's bullshit.

How are you supposed to transfer a list of 100 or more
to a different screen name?

Not having this simple feature means I have to install
regular AIM to do this.(barf)   That sucks because gAIM
is so great is should have this feature.

You may say that this is no bug, but I beg to differ.

Thanks for all your work with gaim over the years, but
come on guys, put this option back in.

tia,
Clayton Holloway