Feature Requests item #1192819, was opened at 2005-04-29 21:46
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1192819&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
IPv6 is great, and wonderful. I have a fully externally
routable and ridiculously fast IPv6 network. But no one
else to whom I speak via AIM, Jabber, etc. does. It
seems that Gaim likes to use my nice, shiny BSD IPv6
for file transfers and direct IMs. This doesn't work,
of course, because the people who don't have IPv6 can't
connect to me. I'd like to be able to tell Gaim not to
use that shiny IPv6 until more people use it.

Yes, I've specified my IPv4 address in the "use this
address" field of the Network Preferences, but sockstat
still shows it binding on all of my IPv6 addresses (but
none of my IPv4 ones).