Feature Requests item #1485732, was opened at 2006-05-10 12:12
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1485732&group_id=235

Category: jabber

Initial Comment:
According to the note at
http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/2/docs/section06.html#6_5,
an administrative user may send messages to either
"server/announce" for MOTD message to all users, or to
"server/announce/online" for a message to all online
users.  It is also possible for the jabber server to
have set up a number of "help" accounts which will
recieve all message sent to "server/anything".

In the case of the MOTD and online announcement JIDs,
it is currently (v1.5.0) impossible to have both JIDs
as separate buddies in your contact list, since the
only difference between the two is the resource ID.

(This may also relate to
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=918050&group_id=235&atid=350235
)

I would suggest that gaim should allow multiple buddies
with different jabber resources (which could all appear
when you "expand" a buddy).