Feature Requests item #1389104, was opened at 2005-12-23 14:45
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1389104&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: core
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Right now, Gaim seems to treat mobile contacts
(identified with a cellphone icon) as regular, online
buddies.  I think it makes much more sense to
prioritize these users below regular contacts, even if
they are marked away.  The order would then be:

1. Regular online contacts
2. Regular away contacts
3. Mobile contacts
4. Mobile away contacts (if they exist?)

This would impact sorting the buddy list by status and
also (most importantly) choosing which protocol appears
as the default for a contact.

The issue which brought this up is one of my contacts
has his AIM mobile account signed in, but also real
jabber and MSN accounts which are often marked away.
No matter what I do, the contact defaults to showing
his AIM mobile account which I don't want to use.

I'd love to see this fixed or an option to chose the
desired behavior at some point in the future.

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)