Feature Requests item #1304824, was opened at 2005-09-26 09:11
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1304824&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I use my laptop at home and at work.  Work uses a
proxy, home does not (unless I'm vpn'd in.)  It would
be useful if gaim had a detect this proxy option.

Expected UI:
Add a checkbox to the proxy property page that says
detect when this proxy is in effect.

Expected behavior:
Upon a connection attempt, if the box is checked, the
proxy address will attempt to be resolved.  If the
proxy cannot be resolved, then no-proxy mode should be
used.  To set back to the default behavior, uncheck the
box.