Feature Requests item #896783, was opened at 2004-02-13 17:06
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=896783&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Something that I feel would be nice to have is an auto
forwarding system ... the idea is sort of along the
lines of the "away" system and could work with the away
system.  The user would have the ability to set
forwarding on/off ... if forwarding is on then any
message that is sent to the user would be forwarded to
either an email address, another IM name OR an SMS
(phone message).  There are times where I am in the
office but not at my desk ... I always carry my phone
around so it would be great to be able to receive SMS
messages on my phone containing any IMs people have
sent me.  Then if it get one that is very important
then I know I need to get back to my desk to address
it.   The user could also turn the away system on at
the same time which would tell the person IMing them
that they are away but their message has been forwarded
to their phone.

I guess this could be a plugin.

Just a thought ... I think it would be very handy =)