Feature Requests item #746817, was opened at 2003-05-31 20:35
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=746817&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
There is a lot of problems with yahoo and MSN for bot
IM messages.  I would like for all those places that
support buddy request messages that you could choose to
turn off receiving messages, giving an optional
auto-reply forcing the user to add you to their buddy
list or request to be added to yours before you will
see the messages.... I would expect this would be not
too difficult to accomplish to compare against buddy
list and simply ignore messages that are not requests
to add to buddy list, or notification of adding to
buddy list, etc.