Feature Requests item #1490444, was opened at 2006-05-17 14:27
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1490444&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I have a very large list of contacts within GAIM.  The
majority of which are fellow employees.  I have them
grouped according to department, and conseqently I have
a large number of groups.

I found that I can use "Get User Info" to locate a
contact to see if I have them in my list.  But if I do,
it doesn't tell me what group I have them assigned to.
 And in many cases I don't know.  So I have to expand
each group that I suspect they are in to locate them.

It would be a nice feature if "Get User Info" would
reflect which group the individual is assigned to.  And
the reason I need to know that is so that I may IM
them.  So another desireable feature of "Get User Info"
would be an option to initiate an IM session directly.

With a small list of contacts this is not that big of a
deal.  But I have well over 200 contacts, and such
features would be very useful indeed.

Thank you for an EXCELLENT program!

-tb2