Feature Requests item #488631, was opened at 2001-12-03 18:08
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=488631&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
It's far more difficult to initiate a buddy chat using gaim 0.49 on Linux than
on AIM (version Netscape IM 4.3.2229) on Windows.

On AIM i select the friends i want to chat with, right click, and the menu
shows "Send Buddy Chat Invitation".   Then i get a dialog where i can
both open a chat AND invite multiple users w/ the same invitation message --
all from about two mouse clicks (and keystrokes if i don't like the default
text).

In contrast, gaim seems to want me to create the chat, then invite the buddies
one by one.   I hope i'm missing something obvious, because this is VERY
cumbersome.

(Apologies if this is a duplicate -- i did search for "invite"
&&  "chat" and didn't find an existing request, but i'm a
little dubious that i'm the only one  who's bothered by this.   Maybe i just
use chat more than most.)