Feature Requests item #1555673, was opened at 2006-09-10 03:42
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1555673&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
It would be very useful to be able to apply buddy
pounces to whole contacts, not individual buddies. For
a person who you do not know which protocol they will
sign on with next, being able to pounce their contact
will apply the pounce to the first account they use
within that contact.

The main concern is that the pounce window is not
geared up to this. The user selector right now is
protocol+ID. I don't know how possible it is that the
user selector system could be expanded to have a pseudo
"contacts" protocol for selecting grouped contacts
outside of any protocol. This is not needed for
selecting a target when right-clicking on a contact and
selecting Add Buddy Pounce, but the pounce window will
not be able to show the target.