Feature Requests item #1043350, was opened at 2004-10-08 17:34
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1043350&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
The whole font settings part of Gaim for Windows really
doesn't work well at all, as can be seen from all the font-
related bug reports and my own personal issues. If, as
the Win32 FAQ says, the "proper" way to change font
settings in Gaim is to modify gtkrc (which is so counter-
intuitive and not very Windows-like in any way), why is
there a "Message Text" section in the Preferences that
lets you change font settings? Gaim should be using
whatever the user sets in the Preferences, and
remembering it between sessions.

Also, why are Gaim's font sizes completely inaccurate?
What it considers to be Verdana 8 turns out to be more
like Verdana 12. If I make the font so small in Gaim as to
be just about unreadable, it comes out the proper size
to everyone else on their clients.

Gaim is a good, simple, clean IM client, but I think it
needs a lot of work in the font department, specifically
on the Windows side.