Feature Requests item #876392, was opened at 2004-01-13 16:29
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=876392&group_id=235

Category: win32

Initial Comment:

Currently on win32 individual friend windows with new
messages and the task bar blinks until that window is
made the foreground window.

Can gaim follow yahoo messenger behavior on windows
and blink at most once when a new message is received
then remain a solid "needs attention" color, rather than
blinking endlessly (both for task bar and message
window)?   I'm going epilectic here trying to quickly
surf while multiple people are sending me new
messages.

Yes, a good work around would be to install linux but I
can't currently do that at work.