Feature Requests item #551886, was opened at 2002-05-03 11:09
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=551886&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
As of Gaim 0.53, at least, the proxy password is saved
in clear in .gaimrc.  Isn't this a security hole? Yes I
know that .gaimrc is user-readable only, but that's not
much security.  Proxy passwords are likely to be the
same as a user's machine password.  I would think it
would be better to challenge the user for the proxy
password whenever signing on (or at least make that
kind of behavior the default).

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)