Feature Requests item #682388, was opened at 2003-02-07 11:06
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=682388&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
As it stands now in CVS, if you enable "hide new
messages" the dockapp will flash when a new
conversation is started.  However, I find that it could
be very useful for those of us who like to traverse
workspaces, if the dockapp could be made to blink
anytime a new IM is recieved, even if it is one in an
ongoing conversation.

Naturally this would be an option to enable or disable,
and perhaps instead of the blinking icon it could just
be the same icon with the envelop but does not blink,
to distinguish from a new conversation.

This notification would basically sychronize with when
the title bar has text appended to it, such as

(*) Gaim Conversation

I can't tell you the amount of time I waste checking to
see if anyone has replied to my IMs.