Feature Requests item #827159, was opened at 2003-10-20 17:40
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=827159&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
What I mean here is basically, to make "mobile" a first-class
status, like online, offline, and away. Examples would be:

a) Notification. Have the option for log/window messages, and
sound events, when a user transitions from mobile to/from online.
b) Have the option to not show mobile buddies when the list is in
online-only mode -- or at least gray them or sort them to the
bottom, or something :)
c) Have an option for buddy piunces whether or not we want to
send them to a mobile user (I would think usually not; the point of
a coming-online piunce is that they just came to the computer,
and mobile users tend to appear online more or less always)

And things like that. Possibly I've forgotten some implications. But
you see the direction I'm going. Hopefully. :)