Feature Requests item #828506, was opened at 2003-10-22 17:15
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=828506&group_id=235

Category: oscar

Initial Comment:
I know you guys probably have this problem on AIM too...

---- New Conversation @ Sat Oct 18 11:42:00 2003 ----
(2003-10-18 02:36:20) Lucien Morley 30: Hey bazbooz!
A FUNNY THING HAPPENS WHEN WOMEN GET DRUNK... THEY TURN
INTO EXHIBITIONIST WHORE
S! STRIPPING, FUCKING, SUCKING IN PUBLIC..... JUST LIKE
MOMMA TAUGHT 'EM!!!

Yeah thats great and all, but I don't care and you need
to stop talking lady :P. Anyway my suggestion is to
implement a way to block people while using wildcards
"*". Because, I have noticed, most of these pr0n
spammers have very similar names, so I could, in
theory, block them by doing Lucien* so I won't get
anymore spam IM's. They're really annoying and they
clog my logs (hooray I rhymed!). I don't get these on
any protocol other than AIM (which is one reason why I
hate it so much) but most of my friends use AIM so I
can't just drop it all together. Thanks for your
consideration!