Feature Requests item #870490, was opened at 2004-01-04 14:32
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=870490&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
What i'd like to see is a protocol plugin that supports a
very simple version of Telnet, using the same interface
as an instant message or chat window. This does not
look like it would be a very difficult plugin to make,
although it would be preferable (from my point of view,
at least) not to have a prefix put in whenever something
comes from the server. This plugin would make it
possible to connect to MU* services.

Alternatively, a line-based terminal in an IM window
would have pretty much the same effect. That is, the
user can run a shell command, lines sent to this
conversation are added to the text in the window and
sent to the process' stdin, and it's stdout is written to
the window.
Then normal telnet could be used to access the MU*. It
might also be useful for users of other simple messaging
systems that are command-line. Or, in fact, whatever
else they wanted to use it for.