Feature Requests item #850282, was opened at 2003-11-27 10:18
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=850282&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I have recently installed multi monitors on my main
computer on which i use gaim. Unlike other aim clients
that remember IM box positions after they close gaim
does not.

For example. I run gaim and place it on my second
monitor that is on the right. I recieve an IM and the box
appears on the left screen. I drag the box back to the
right screen next to the GAIM client and turn it off.

Now, if the program was to work properly when a new
aim window opens it opens in the same position as the
old one that i turned off. But instead it once again
opens on the left screen.

I have two monitors so i can keep track of my mp3s and
aim, but if im playing a game i do not see the taskbar
and i dont see the IM boxes.

Could you please include a fix in your next release that
will make GAIM remember where the chat boxes opened
last and keep them there.

Also, the original aim, does it slightly differently. The
first im box receieved from a person it opened on my left
screen, but if i move it to the right and leave it in a
certain position the next time i recieve the message
from the same user it will open in the last position. This
holds true for everyone that i chat with.