Feature Requests item #807007, was opened at 2003-09-16 04:51
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=807007&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
It would be nice to be able to set different smiley
themes for different users.

For example, I talk to some people who use text-based
clients or don't do smiley substitution, and I would
like to have a null smiley theme for them (no
substitution at all).  I also talk to some people who
do standard smiley substitutions, and I'd like to see
standard smileys in conversations with them.  For
people using Trillian who have an extended smiley
substitution set, I'd like to see Trillian smileys
(I've got a Trillian smiley theme).

The idea is that I want to see the same thing that my
buddy believes they are sending to me.

-- kolya