Feature Requests item #965545, was opened at 2004-06-03 03:09
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=965545&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
With the recent improvement of the sending images in an
IM can the smiley theme's icons please be sent instead
of the representing text? In other words, rather than
sending :) to a buddy and having their client change it
into the corresponding smiley icon, the senders theme
icon for :) is sent using Buddy Image instead. That
way, the buddy sees exactly what you see and vice versa
if your buddy also has this enabled. This, of course,
would best be implemented after, hopefully, Direct
Connect is no longer necessary for sending images in an IM.

A smiley theme is no fun if you alone get to see it :(.
What do others think of this?