Feature Requests item #990282, was opened at 2004-07-13 12:42
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=990282&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I would like to suggest adding a combobox-dropdown to
the conversation / chat window's smiley tool, that
contains my most recently used smileys.

This could look like some toolbar items in Outlook; the
'New' toolbar item has a teeny down-arrow to the right
of it.  Clicking the New *icon* causes a blank message
window to appear, clicking the *arrow* gives a list of
options.

I envision that the smiley button will still cause the
smiley window to pop, but the arrow would list my
most-recently-used smileys, thus avoiding me having to
look them up in a big pile of smileys, and also
avoiding switching the focus, etc...  What can I say,
I'm lazy!

<humour quality="doh">
I suppose it might also be a menu item, meaning I
wouldn't have to leave the keyboard.  For example, you
could type, ummm....  ":->" to get my most recently
used smiley.
</humour>

Thanks for all your efforts,

Jamie Strachan