Feature Requests item #955609, was opened at 2004-05-18 00:28
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=955609&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Hello,
Under windows exist a systray where applications can be
minimized instead of being in the taskbar. Gnome got a
similar tool the "Panel Notification Area".

Could it be possible to add an option that minimize
gaim to that panel (or systray) and stop showing in the
window list (make it an option like : minimize to
systray  AND do not show in taskbar).