Feature Requests item #1062419, was opened at 2004-11-08 08:47
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1062419&group_id=235

Category: win32

Initial Comment:
I've removed all formatting toolbars and such in Gaim
because I find it unbearable annoying to have messages
that look like a christmas tree sent over the wire. I like
plain text. This works when I enter text manually in Gaim,
but whenever I paste, press CTRL+B or other shortcut
keys, the formatting is still being preserved and done.

I don't want any formatting whatsoever, and would really
like this to be possible to remove in future versions of
Gaim. In MSN Messenger this is no problem to turn off.
Copy+pasted text is pasted as plain text only, regardless
of its original formatting. This should be possible in Gaim
as well.