Feature Requests item #950790, was opened at 2004-05-09 09:20
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=950790&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I'm a gnome user, and don't know about other
filemanagers, but in Nautilus, you press F2 to rename a
file. I'm so much used to this behaviour, that
everytime, I want to rename a Buddy, I use the same key
and am surprised that nothing happens. It would be
great, if via F2 one could easily rename buddies
directly in the list. If that isn't easy to implement,
then F2 could pop up the "Alias" menu item, though I
think it would be more intuitive to be doing this on
the fly...
I also think that the "Alias" item should be replaced
with "rename" because it is easier to understand.
Hope there are no objections to these suggestions.

David