Feature Requests item #1087844, was opened at 2004-12-19 04:25
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1087844&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I used to be an avid XChat user and with xchat on irc a
red line will appear where to show you wherey one left
off when the window was out of focus or minimized so
that when you reopened the window or brought the window
back into focus one could see where new
conversation/information began.

I was wondering if a feature such as this, whether a
line or some sort of tick mark, could be implimented
into gaim as either a new feature or plugin. this would
make it easier to see where you last left a
conversation or chat room so that you can pick up your
conversation easier.

Thanks