Feature Requests item #1083282, was opened at 2004-12-10 19:10
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1083282&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Yes, the IRC part of Gaim is nice, but far from
perfect. Some suggestions would be to have different
colors, and scripting. If you can't implement scripting
at first (I doubt you could), then you should add some
kind of alias thing. Or just a simple line of commands
to perform on connect, such as nickserv identification.