Feature Requests item #1114095, was opened at 2005-02-01 11:17
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1114095&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I am not sure whether this is just the implementation
of the protocol, or something gaim does by itself (and
not sure whether to post in bugs or feature requests).
When i try to send two messages pretty close together
in time (like, within half a second, maybe?) the second
message does not get sent and i get this error:
Unable to send message: Rate to client
and i have to resend.

if this is just something gaim does independent of the
protocol, then - why is it there and can we please
remove or have option to disable?

if it is the protocol, then can gaim just delay the
sending of the second (and possibly subsequent)
messages by however many milliseconds required for the
second message to come through?

it is quite annoying when i have a fast-paced
short-phrased conversation with someone.

using gaim 1.1.2 on win xp sp2.