Feature Requests item #1035240, was opened at 2004-09-26 22:14
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1035240&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: core
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Any possibility of providing an implementation of, or
option to link into, the Mozilla Software Security Device?

I think that a lot get gaim to remember passwords for
them and those are stored in plaintext on the computer.
I have about 4 accounts, however, so entering one
master password would be a great intermediate position
between the security of entering them by hand and the
convenience of storing them.

Obviously one wouldn't want gaim to need the Mozilla
suite to function, but it would save coding something
that wasn't the focus of the project and it would allow
gaim to benefit from advances made in that software.

I wish that Mozilla, KDE KWallet manufacturers and
Gnome could come together and work on a Universal
Password Manager so that smaller apps like this could
more easily benefit from their security and the user
had one program to deal with that was actually secure.
It would also encourage development of a decent
interface to that (Gui, palm pilot syncs etc); but
dreams are free and often useless!

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)