Feature Requests item #1000088, was opened at 2004-07-29 08:53
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1000088&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
If it's not too much effort, I would like to see this
little piece of functionality implemented: When the
clipboard contains an image and the user chooses to
paste in a conversation window, the image is written to
a temporary file and it's sent to his interlocutor.
This would speed up some activities like sending
screenshots or exchanging graphics from a text document.

I guess it wouldn't be difficult at all, as gaim
already has the ability to manipulate images (e.g.
buddy icons) and is able to send files.