Feature Requests item #1046343, was opened at 2004-10-13 12:00
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1046343&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
When tabbed chatting is disabled, and a new window is
used for each friend. When you receive a new message,
you are instantly cut off from whatever you were doing
beforehand. I would really like to see an option for
new conversation windows to appear in the background. I
would hope that they would still flash, but it's pretty
tiresome being cut off all the time. Thank you.