Feature Requests item #1180621, was opened at 2005-04-11 06:45
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1180621&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Situation:
I'm coding and I'm talking to a group of people. Only
three of them are people I want to talk to, the others
are annoying fools I would love to stab in the face for
taking me out of the zone.

What's Wrong With That:
Random people are stupid and annoying. As a developer,
I don't want to talk to them. As a human being, I'll
talk to them and probably try to get in their pants.
Since ideally I'm keeping my social and business life
seperate, this would be invaluable.

Solution:
Whitelisted group flashing. Disabled flashing for
everyone, except for a certain group I nominate. If any
of these speak, I'm pestered. Otherwise, I don't care
overly much.
Perhaps even tie this to away messages -> so setting
"busy - work" triggers one behaviour, "away, miserable"
triggers another.

Related:
#1177371 - Chat Window Flashing

What do we think?