Read and respond to this message at:
By: johnstonel

I just had the same problem installing Beta6 on my home machine (after having
it work flawlessly at work for the past several months).  When I looked through
the C:\Program Files\Gaim folder and its subfolders, I noticed several files
which were a couple of years older than the others -- which made me suspicious.

I uninstalled Beta6 and noticed that those files were still present, and 
be deleted from Windows Explorer.

I suspect that even though I shut down Gaim 1.4 before installing 2.0Beta6,
Windows still had those files marked as "in use," and the installer couldn't
replace them.

So, I restarted the computer, went in and removed all files in the C:\Program
Files\Gaim folder (it let me do it this time), then reinstalled 2.0Beta6.  My
AIM and ICQ accounts then showed up and worked properly.

Lawrence O. Johnstone
Ukiah, CA

You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to and visit:

Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
Gaim-forums mailing list

Reply via email to