GAINSNET - Instraw

To whom it may concern.

Dear friends,

Warm greetings from CWCS!

Thank you so much for being of a great source of information. For your kind information Centre for Women and Children Studies (CWCS) is going to organize an International Seminar on Strategizing to Combat Trafficking in Women and Children, 15-16 February, 2002, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Please find the attached document for further information.

We would highly appreciated if you kindly circulate the attached information among your network member organizations and individuals through your website and emails.

Prof. Ishrat Shamim
President
CWCS
Title: ANNOUNCEMENT AND FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS

ANNOUNCEMENT AND FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS

International Seminar on

Strategizing to Combat Trafficking in Women and Children

15-16 February 2002

Dear Colleagues,

Warm Greetings from CWCS!

Trafficking in women and children has reached an alarming proportion, which calls for concerted action.

It is a pleasure for us to inform you that The Centre for Women and Children Studies (CWCS) is planning to organize a two-day International Seminar on Strategizing to Combat Trafficking in Women and Children, 15-16 February 2002, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

The main objective of the Seminar is to promote dialogue and create a platform for sharing experiences of the concerned stakeholders, lessons learnt in awareness raising, advocacy, networking, rescue, repatriation, rehabilitation and reintegration interventions related to trafficking in women and children.

We would like to invite you to actively participate in the forthcoming International Seminar and would like you to present a paper on any of the following sub-themes related to trafficking:

Sub-themes:

Globalization and Migration

Legal Issues and Policy Implications

Political Commitments

Health and Mental Health

Media and Information Technology

Rescue, Rehabilitation and Reintegration

If you would like to suggest any other sub-themes please feel free to contact us.

Please confirm your participation by 15 November 2001. The Seminar fee is US$ 250, which will cover Seminar materials, food and hotel accommodation for the duration of the Seminar. However, this fee does not include the travel cost to and from your country. Since this is only a partly funded activity of CWCS, we have no means of fully supporting the attendance of interested participants. We encourage you therefore to apply for sponsorships from funding agencies.

We would highly appreciate if you send your abstract of 500 words by 15 December 2001.

Looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Please send your e-mail address

(if available) for easy communication.

Yours sincerely,

Prof. Ishrat Shamim

President, CWCS

Contact Detail:

Contact Person: Prof. Ishrat Shamim, President, CWCS

Address: 92 New Eskaton Road, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh

Phone No.: 880-2-9113526

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]