Hans-Georg Fischer wrote:
Hello,

testing gajim, I created a password protected room [EMAIL PROTECTED] password versuch. No one was able to enter this room. Everyone got a 401 error response.
Everything went fine after I commented out the adding of the vcard in
connection.py:
2185 #               p = self.add_sha(p)

Who is to blame for this strange behaviour gajim or the jabber-server.

Your jabber server is probably a jabberd1.4 which doesn't like sha in muc presences. So 2 solutions: change jabber server or set use_sha_in_gc_presence to False in Advanced Configuration Editor.