Le Boulanger Yann wrote:

> I've modified it a bit, but here it does nothing. my taskbar is on top,
> systray on the right. I suppose it is supposed to put the notification
> window on top right ?

Notification window should appear just below systray icon,
  http://www.0d.be/files/gajim-new-message-notification.png

I don't know why it would fail, is hints filled with correct values ?
It may also be due do notification-daemon version, I'm running this
version :

  bus = dbus.SessionBus()
  notify_service = bus.get_object('org.freedesktop.Notifications',
        '/org/freedesktop/Notifications')
  notify_interface = dbus.Interface(notify_service,
        'org.freedesktop.Notifications')
  print notify_interface.getProgramInformation()

[u'Notification Daemon', u'Galago Project', u'0.3.4', u'0.9']

I have been testing notification window positioning with the following
call to notify_interface:

  notify_interface.Notify('test', 0, '', 'Title', 'Message',

Hope it helps,

        Frederic