On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:15:38 +0300 "Nikos Kouremenos"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 3/27/06, Pau Rodriguez-Estivill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi again!
> >
> > Just because you have added the new mail check for gmail. I think
> > that could be also good idea to automatically change the connection
> > server when server is "gmail.com" or "googlemail.com" to directly
> > "talk.google.com". To avoid manual changes for this server.
>
> we do it talk.google.com silently if nslookup is found. we could
> hardcode it though [check if gmail.com or googlemail.com and do it
> talk.google.com without waiting for nslookup], ticket it please.

That is an absolutely absurd idea. First try:
$ host -tsrv _xmpp-client._tcp.gmail.com
Do you see talk.google.com in the list of hosts? NO. Can you be sure
that after 3 months the list of hosts will be the same? NO. I think
smarter people than us has thought of that and it is ridiculous to
pretend that we can do it better.

Just to mention that nslookup is part of bind-tools, dns-tools, or
bind-dnstools, depending on the distro and package maintainers should
add it as a dependency in the new version.

--
D. Kirov